Saturday 31 December 2016

Last day of the year in Bo'ness.

Here we are, last day of the year is upon us. I decided to take advantage of relatively OK kind of weather and go for a walk in the morning to show you people a little piece of Bo'ness, a place I have been calling home for the last 2 and a half years. Started my walk at the Mining Wheel.


Bo'ness used to be a big coal mining community back in the days and the harbor used to be busy with boats transporting the coal up and down the Forth.




I haven't been on a walk along the coast for some time so I noticed there is a new tarmac path, made me think of getting a bicycle in spring to ride it along the Forth.


Nice brisk walk around in the morning makes you feel a bit better, even though the sun is shy today and staying behind clouds. But the Bo'ness Steam Railway never disappoints. For a tenner you can have a nice ride around the neighborhood (Bo'ness to Manuel and back) watching the world go by and crows watching you pass by.





An hour long walk brought me back near my new flat in the old part of the city. Scotlands Close it is. Old buildings, some parts spooky, but at the same time full of character.









Oh and don't forget the old cinema Hippodrome, where every year we have the Silent Cinema Festival with live music.


For now I am staying in my tower and waiting for the clock to strike midnight (weather permitting I might just go and see my kids to celebrate together)



That's all for now. A thumb up for the New Year.  All the best to you all. Come to lovely Bo'ness some time if you are driving by.







Love
M

1 comment: